Thursday, January 18, 2007

Welcome to 'KenGetsFit'!!!

Howdy, folks! Thanx for checking out my "physical therapy" blog. This is where I'll be keeping a regular record of my progress working out with personal trainer Ronn Burns, who's about to kick my ass for six months straight at Train West Hollywood, a private gym in good ol' WeHo.

This life change has been a long time coming for me. It's something I've been meaning to do for quite a while, but my own silly insecurities and issues from my high school days kept getting in the way of me taking control of my life--and my body--and doing something good and healthy for myself. But with the new year came a revitalized vision of the life that I want for myself, so I've decided that there is no time like the present to build that life for myself. Yay me!

The project will begin on Monday, January 22, when I'll have my first session with Ronn. Considering the shape I'm in right now, that should be a pretty interesting experience--not to mention a pretty interesting blog post. Posts will be made several times a week (or as often as possible, whichever comes first), and some will even include pictures! (Come on; you know you want to see me sweat.)

In the next day or so, I'll be posting a more explanatory entry to get you all caught up with my way of thinking and where I'm coming from as I set off on this new and exciting journey in my overall health and confidence.

I hope you will follow me in this journey. It will be great to have you come along and learn and grow with me.

All the best,
Ken

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey ken!

...just want to say congrats on your BRAVE leap to fitness! looking forward to meeting you and seeing your progress here at TRAIN!

Ken Knox said...

Hey Mylene,

Thanx for the nice words. Looking forward to seeing you as well!

XOXO,
Ken